UUCD Director of Religious Education Job Opening
May 23, 2017
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Duluth is a center for spiritual exploration and ethical practice. We belong to an inclusive, non-creedal faith tradition which affirms the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and which draws upon spiritual teachings and wisdom from the world’s religions, including earth-centered traditions and the guidance of reason and science.
Our Mission is to Care for one another, Search for truth and meaning, to Act for justice and to Celebrate the spirit of life.
UUCD has an opening for our Director of Religious Education. This is an exempt position requiring 25 hours per week for 44 weeks per year and 15 hours per week for 8 weeks per year. Our Program Year begins August 15 and ends June 30, however, this position requires 8 weeks of summer hours to plan the upcoming program year.
Supervises childcare staff.
Salary: $19,510 to $22,000 depending upon qualifications.
Benefits: employee retirement contribution after 1 year of service; life insurance and disability insurance available upon hiring; professional education expenses.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
· Leadership and managerial skills, ability to think comprehensively about ways to build an effective program
· Ability to recruit, train and support teachers and volunteers with respect to religious education programs and related curriculum
· Understanding of different learning styles and how to engage them.
· Knowledge of child/youth faith development
· Communications skills including clear writing and public presentations
· Experience in program planning and budget management that demonstrates problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Strong organizational skills, an appreciation of the importance of managing details and an ability to juggle many important things at once.
· Strong interpersonal skills including a responsive manner and a service mindset in dealing with the public, and an ability to work constructively and collaboratively with colleagues, parents, teachers, students and congregants.
· An ability to take initiative, self-prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Experience with word processing and use of audio/visual equipment
· Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism preferred but not required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Ability to be flexible in scheduling work hours and tasks
· Self confident, self motivated and the ability to project cheerful professionalism
Desire to develop skills related to spiritual exploration and ethical practice
For those interested in applying for this position, including current staff and congregants, please refer to the complete job description by clicking here: UUCD DRE 2017-2018 Job Description; submit your resume to the following address:
Kathy Stinnett, Congregational Administrator
835 College Street
Duluth, MN 55811
Electronic submissions are welcome. Please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention Kathy Stinnett.
A member of the Personnel Committee will contact you within a week of receiving your resume to arrange for an interview.
Posting open until job is filled.
Nursery Staff Needed for 2016-2017
As we enter a new program year we are looking for adult nursery attendants to work with UUCD Youth who are interested in working in the nursery on Sunday mornings,9:15 to 11:45 (or 12:00.) Having 2 attendants in the nursery makes us compliant with “Safe Church” guidelines, and gives adults and youth a chance to get to know each other. There are 3 options to consider:
1) paid adult attendants working 2-3 times a month
2) paid youth attendants working 2-3 times a month
3) volunteer adults working on a casual basis when paid coverage cannot be arranged
The first “working” Sunday will be September 11th. Rate of pay is 10.00 per hour; training will be provided.
If you, or anyone you know, are interested in these part-time positions, please contact Kathy Stinnett for an application. If you are interested in a volunteer position, please contact Jan Magree at email@example.com.